Tuesday, January 13, 2015

ZuZu's


August 8, 2014 

I return to college in a few weeks so this week I decided to blog about one of my favorite eateries in my hometown before I have to endure school food again. 

ZuZu’s Café & Catering is located on Main Street in Wakefield, Massachusetts and has been voted the town’s '#1 Local Caterer and Best Sandwich' according to Reader’s Choice. All of their food (sandwiches, Paninis, wraps, salads, and soups) is divine and homemade, including their beverages (coffee, tea, cappuccino, and iced drink). They have daily specials and when I went this past Tuesday they were Spinach, Red Pepper & Feta Deep Dish Quiche, Roasted Vegetable Quinoa, BBQ Pork Melt Panini, and Grilled Flank Steak Wrap. 

photo
At ZuZu's, expect the most robust ingredients. All of the fruits and vegetables here are locally grown. 

That day I ordered from their Specialty Sandwiches and had the Vegetable & Hummus in a spinach wrap. It had roasted vegetables (zucchini, summer squash, and peppers), hummus, cheddar cheese, and greens. If the sandwich of your dreams doesn’t exist, you can always build your own sandwich. For a beverage, I had their organic lemonade, which is hands down the best lemonade I have ever tasted! I ate outside and nearly downed the whole drink before my meal arrived because it was that heavenly sweet! 

zuzu's
Although Zuzu’s food is great, I think one of the biggest contributing factors to their popularity is their patio seating. On a blissful summer afternoon, nothing beats gazing at Wakefield’s quaint downtown over some lunch. Another awesome thing about this place is it’s just a quick walk from Lake Quannapowitt, so if you want to eat at the Common or walk after your meal, that is an option. 

When you’re too tired to make something and need a reason to get out, hit up ZuZu’s! I think this Julia Child quote from ZuZu’s website really resonates with what they promise. “You don’t have to cook fancy, complicated masterpieces- just good food from fresh ingredients.” 

ZuZu’s Café & Catering 
316 Main Street 
Wakefield, Massachusetts 01880 
781-245-3035

My Social Media
Twitter:https://twitter.com/danca_l 
Instagram: http://instagram.com/wickedblogger20

No comments:

Post a Comment