Monday, January 12, 2015

Mexico Lindo


May 30, 2014 

This past November I discovered the amazingness that is the Howling Wolf Taqueria, located in my college city of Salem, Massachusetts. Their zesty chicken quesadillas and bottomless tostada chips became staple pieces of my diet and the source of my 'sophomore fifteen.' But now that I’m home for the next three months, I have set myself on a hunt to find the best cantina in the Greater Boston area and I think I have found the one. 

The Main Street in Melrose is just like any other downtown you’ll find in America- it consists of nail salons, pharmacies, coffee shops, pizza joints, and consignment stores. But next to the Eastern Bank, lies Mexico Lindo, an authentic restaurant that is sure to impress anyone who is from the south of the Rio Grande. With its colorful murals, festive décor, and dynamic Mariachi band, this eatery offers an exciting and exotic atmosphere  that is perfect for relaxing with friends or that special someone over delicious food.


Mexico Lindo certainly sticks out like a sore thumb in Downtown Melrose with its vibrant outdoor artwork. How can this painting not draw you in?  And what makes dining here so authentic is its live mariachi band!

For dinner, I ordered their most popular burrito, the Deluxe Burrito- a flour tortilla filled with your choice of chicken or beef (I chose chicken) stuffed to the brim with baked cheese and topped with lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes and onions. Their menu is thirteen pages long, so I had a hard time deciding what to eat but just one bite of my Deluxe Burrito was all it took to have me sold. I could tell the ingredients were fresh by their robust flavor, and the boldness of the cheese and the guacamole made my burrito extra delectable.


How gorgeous is this Mexican ceramic plate? My meal cost $10.95.

Additionally, they serve tacos, quesadillas, fajitas, and enchiladas. Even if you are not the biggest fan of spicy food, you can still experience this establishment because they also cook American food, such as grilled cheese, hamburgers, and seafood. If you are twenty-one or older, you can accompany your meal with one of their famous margaritas, Mexican beers, or homemade sangrias. 

So, if you’ve ever dreamed of traveling to Mexico, now’s your chance! Dining at Mexico Lindo is a fiesta that captures the soul and rhythm of the country.

449 Main Street 
Melrose, Massachusetts 02176 
#781-662-4056

My Social Media 
Twitter:https://twitter.com/danca_l
Instagram:http://instagram.com/wickedblogger20


No comments:

Post a Comment