Monday, June 1, 2015

New England Aquarium

June 1, 2015 

While I have been catching up with high school friends these past couple of weeks, the one topic that has come up in every conversation has been that of summer bucket lists. Hearing more people talk about making lists doesn't surprise me because I know for me at least I never feel so energized, motivated, and positive when the sun's rays hit me. I think creating a summer bucket list is something everyone should do because A) this season never lasts long enough and B) it will encourage you to live out your best one yet. But before you grab your nearest pen and pad, I feel it is important for me to emphasize why you shouldn't become too attached to your list. 

I am a chronic over-achiever, so for me lists are my best friends, but sometimes being that way can have negative repercussions- I don't have enough time to accomplish everything I set out to do, stress knots in my shoulders, and I am forced to write out even more to-do lists that would make even the most organized cringe. The lesson to learn here is while it's good to have items on your bucket lists, it's even more important to be adaptable because we're only capable of what we're meant to do. 

A place I'd recommend all of you to put on your summer bucket lists is the New England Aquarium in Boston. It receives 1.3 million visitors a year, is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation, and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.  And if you can't find the time to visit the Aquarium, just keep swimming! Happiness isn't about accomplishing everything you have on your to-do list, but how much fun you have along for the ride. 














My Social Media 

New England Aquarium
1 Central Wharf 
Boston, Massachusetts 02110 
#617-973-5300 




No comments:

Post a Comment